Thursday, April 28, 2016

Learning How To Pray


Geet is ever ready to follow her grandparents.


 
Photo curtesy: Shiv Kapoor

Immediately after my shower and dressing up my beard, Geet starts reminding me to do Waheguru. In other words She wanted me to go Baba Ji room for doing routine reading of Sri Guru Granth Sahib. 

She knows all small rituals like covering her head, Matha Teko, and finally sitting in my lap. 

As I recite the Gurbani from Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Geet keeps on repeating 'Bole So Nihal, Sat Sri Akal' again and again and matching my recitation. At this stage she is perhaps trained only to speak these words. I am sure as she grows up, she will understand the virtual  meaning of 'Bole So Nihal, Sat Sri Akal' 

Bole So Nihal...Sat Sri Akal is the Sikh slogan or jakara (literally shout of victory, triumph or exultation). It is divided in two parts or phrases. The first, "bole so nihal", is a statement meaning "whoever utters (the phrase following) shall be happy, shall be fulfilled," and the second part "sat sri akal" ("Eternal is the Holy/Great Timeless Lord"

1 comment:

Arv Singh said...

Learning from the best ...