Friday, November 27, 2020

A Farmer in Me





 

A farmer is one who works in farms not sitting and ruling from 5 star bungalows. Understand the plight of poor farmers who puts in hard labour in farming. Their conditions need to be improved . Leaders who exploits real farmers should be condemned."

"The definition of farmers should exclude all rich farmers and no income tax exemption should be given to these rich so called farmers who are infact exploiting real farm labour. Law should be amended to take care of only poor and real farmers."

Reaction to the comment by Mr MK Garg above:

If some farmer with his hard work becomes rich and influential, why do you want to cut him off from his roots. We should not compare oranges with apples.

Mr Garg, I have never known you and similarly you may not be knowing me well. Your comments are biased and full of frustration. This is not a forum to decide/change the definition of a farmer. 

What if I continue to do farm work even at this ripe age, should I be ripped of the title of a farmer I have been working hard without retiring.

For four decades, my Dad did not make a penny from the lands we were allotted after partition. There were hills and pebbles all over. I worked hard to grade and level and toiled for many years spending huge money from my job savings and my extra time to make it agriculture worthy. I am able to contribute towards nation’s progress in the Agriculture farms. Agriculture is an important sector of Indian economy as it contributes about 17% to the total GDP and provides employment to over 60% of the population. 

My heart pains, when some body calls me ‘so called farmers’. 

Dr Gagandeep Gulati also reacts as below:

"Preet Mohan Singh Kapoor sir you are a role model for many. We so much hope that all the farmers who work so hard always remain in Chardikala and prosper. Correctly said that agriculture contributes towards the GDP of any economy and provides employment as well. Much more than that, farmers are the Ann Data who provide us food to survive. Proud to be associated like farmers like you 💐💐

No comments: