Thursday, September 29, 2022

Gurbani Singing by Shivpreet in Temple





Shivpreet was invited to sing Gurbani on Janamashtmi in the Jangpura Extension Sanatan Dharam Mandir in the D Block. Secretary of the mandir Mr Kakkar, was very well known to me, being a fellow executive member in the Jangpura Extension Welfare Association.
Bhagwant Bhenji, along with her two sons Jagdeep and Sandeep, was visiting us from Gurgaon. So we also requested them to accompany Shiv on the dias. I also invited Shiv’s Guru Pt Raghunath Prasanna to bless him as it was his first performance other than in a Gurdwara.
Shivpreet sang Narayan Narpat Namaskare… connected with Hindu theology.

Guru ji listened to him very carefully and diligently sitting down on the carpet at a short distance. I was so delighted and so were the boys. I proudly went to thank Guru ji for his time and blessings and asked him for his opinion on the performance. 

Pt ji was impressed by Shiv’s confidence in performing on the stage at such a young age but also told me point blank that he was to work much harder and keep improving his ‘Riaz’. Shiv was asked to forget about playing cricket or any other game but concentrate only on music if he wanted to achieve a statutes of a performing artist of repute.

I was contemplating that Pt ji will pay outpouring laurels and praises on his performance to please me but instead he called spade a spade. How true was his Guru Ji!  I have seen Shiv thereafter doing rigorous practice of singing his voice days-in and days-out for multiple years to make it as melodious as he possess it today.

Thanks Harveen sending this pic and I was able to walk through memory lane spontaneously and so much pleasure in my heart and body.

No comments: