Monday, March 15, 2010

One Side Of Papers


My Desk




One side Of Papers


I normally work from a desk placed in a multipurpose room attatched to my bed room. This attached office has a table, a chair, a treadmill, and walk-in-wardrobe. This arrangement fits into my kind of reqirements. A fast internet with excellent bandwidth is wirelessly available to me on my laptop. I also use extensively the I-Phone which also works as standby tool for my internet reqirements.

Shiv is a great fan of paperless office working. But I continue to tell him that at times the reqirement is essential. At the same time, as a 'green' thing I would like to make the use of paper to the minimum. Hence I have resolved to use the other side of the paper which has been already used on one side. I usually do 'doodling' and throw away the paper in the evening.

The other big use of one side used paper is to fulfill the demands of Gobind and Jania. Every now and then they would make a demand and I would oblidge them  with a crisp one side used paper. Initially, Jania refused poin blank and with little pursuation she agreed. Both of them accepted this arrangement solving my problems to avoid wastage.

Today, I got into deepest of troubles. Gobind came in a hurry and demanded three papers as he was required to take them to his Dad for some assignment. As I questioned his requirement, he was blindfolded bent upon to have papers. In mean time, I just got busy in some studies, this guy went to the other side of the desk and grabed 3-4 papers after thoroughly checking that they were used on one.

To my good luck, I happened to check those papers and to my utter surprise those papers were important real estate documents just received in the mail. When I stopped him not to touch them as they were very important papers and I needed them badly for my records. To which Gobind immediately reacted, " these are one side used papers, grandpa."

How can I expalain to him now!




© preet mohan singh., all rights reserved.

No comments: