Friday, November 2, 2018

As I remember Nov 1984 today


It just happened the other day. 

There was a mob of about 1000 people with loaded kerosene or Petrol cans and 'Lathis' in their hands. 

I am still shock struck why I survived. 

My colleague and a dear friend Vishwa was the first person came all the way to enquire about me and my family. Our office colleagues mostly Hindus got worried and requested him (as he used to live in my neighborhood) to enquire about my safety. 

I absented from office for 11 days and on 12th another Hindu Buddy Vijai came to my house on public transport and supported me by sitting on my pillion to reach every morning and drop me back to my home. He did it for many months. He will further go to his place on public bus.

Vijai also faced the risk of being crushed over by impending Bus Drivers, many of them were having fun to scare turbaned left overs in the town.

No comments: