Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Melbourne Collin Street reminds me of Karol Bagh


I like the Collin Street which reminds me of Karol Bagh. There is similar hustle bustle and people sitting in the middle of street enjoying their favorite dishes. And above all Tram and Train services are free with in specific area and very affordable.  People are friendly and beautiful to talk and deal. It is another matter that in Karol Bagh there is hardly any space for 'Graffiti'


Even in my own community, when I got delayed in eating Langar and Big Kirtan at Craigieburn Gurdwara, there were more than two people offering to drop me at the station with proper guidance even at this late hour.  I asked for help in getting Uber in the absence of WIFI, I asked a gentleman who was at the duty for raising funds. He went all places to help me but could not.

Being a devout Sewadar Sardar Balvinder Singh Nagra immediately offered to drop us at the station. After handing over his Gurdwara duty to his colleague, he took out his car and dropped us at the station. He was also keen to drop me at the airport next day morning after knowing that we were further leaving for Cairns. What a service attitude Sikhism has spread globally. Mr Nagra is a living example. As he is still working in the Railways in the area, went to the station master for getting the train schedule for us and explained to me clearly that I had to take off the train at particularly station near to my Hayat Place Hotel in Essendon Field. Having lived in this are for many decades, he was very proud to have served the community at Gurdwara Sahib at all levels from regular Sewadar to President Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee. Thanks Sardar Balvinder Singh Ji, Waheguru may always bless you

With Sardar Balvinder Singh Nagra




I met two patrolling people who called a taxi for me from her phone as my phone refused to get WiFi although I had paid to get one.

Even a Uber driver from Ethiopia went out of his way to get water stock for me at his own tab.

I am flabbergasted by their friendly behavior.



























No comments: