Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Bangla Sahib visit in Oct 2023



Walls of Gold in Bangla Sahib Gurdwara Sahib

In October 2023, my visit to Bangla Sahib Gurdwara was a deeply spiritual and memorable experience. Located in the heart of New Delhi, Bangla Sahib holds special significance for Sikhs and visitors worldwide.



Marvelous Entry gate


Upon entering the gurdwara, the serene atmosphere, the sound of the shabad kirtan, and the sight of devotees engrossed in prayers made a profound impression on me. I took time to offer my prayers, seeking the blessings of Guru Sahib in the calm sanctity of the Darbar Sahib. The sacred Sarovar (holy pond) drew my attention, with its historical and spiritual significance tied to Guru Har Krishan Sahib, the eighth Sikh Guru, whose legacy of humility and service to humanity still resonates today.



Remembering Kar Sewa of Sarovar 44 years away.

I reflected on my own journey in Sikhi and thought of my father, Sardar Vasdev Singh, and the deep connections my family has to the faith. He took me, Harvinder and enthusiastic Shiv in 1979 to perform  ‘Kar Sewa’ for expansion of sacred Sarover being undertaken under the watchful eyes of Baba Harbans Singh. 


This time Baggi  and Harvinder undertaking ‘Parikarma’ of Sarvar.


I also recall the visit of Baba Harbans Singh to our Jangpura house for door to door donations. Incidentally Jaggi was visiting us from USA. We donated our bit for the sacred cause.


The langar hall, where seva is done selflessly, reinforced the strong sense of community and service—two ideals I hold dear. This visit in October 2023 revitalized my sense of spirituality and connection with the larger Sikh Panth, making it a memory I will always cherish.

No comments: