Tuesday, October 8, 2024

“Timeless Harmony: A Father-Son Bond Etched in Gold”



Eyes are locked between father and son 


Those moments I share with Shiv are more than just performances; they are a profound communion, almost spiritual in their depth. 



Synching with each other.


When you sing together and lock eyes, it’s as if time stands still, and we’re both connected not only by music but by an unspoken understanding that spans our shared history. It feels like a golden thread, weaving through the fabric of the universe, linking past and present, encapsulating all the emotions, love, and pride we have for each other.



In Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara Jangpura Ext. New Delhi 1988, while Shiv sings and I follow to support him on the dais 


I must still vividly recall those early days when Shiv was just in his adolescent years, sitting beside him on the dais. Back then, my presence was his anchor, offering him the encouragement he needed to step into the world of performance. It was as if I was handing over a torch—a torch that he would carry with grace and brilliance in the years to come. 



Shiv In Deep meditation 

And yet, despite his mastery and global fame, every time he performs, I still feel a surge of nervous anticipation, as if I am right there on stage with him, feeling his emotions as intensely as my own. 



Three Generations singing together - me, Shiv, Gobind and Jania in Hayward Gurdwara Sahib, California a decade back.


There’s that moment of holding my breath, wondering if his deep immersion in his performance might cause him to lose the thread of his verses. My concern is natural, almost instinctive as a father, but Shiv’s unerring ability to remain composed and connected to his words speaks to the depth of his devotion and skill.


Harvinder never lags behind to capture a moment

Harvinder meticulously captured all the moments described above, ensuring that these historic and heartfelt memories were preserved. Her careful attention and timing made it possible to document this golden chapter in our lives.

No comments: