Saturday, July 23, 2016

Jania Kapoor Learning Punjabi

I have been purposely going slow in teaching Punjabi language to Jania. I find different problems with each kids. I spotted some problems with Gobind and focused on rectifying the mistakes, after that he was learning much faster and enjoyed his Punjabi Learning.

Weekend Activities

In case of Jania, she was finding it difficult to recognize the letters, so I made her to speak and write the Punjabi alpha-bets repeatedly. Her problem was that after her vacations or long week ends, the Punjabi letters were wiped off from her mind. After such adventures, her mind was like a fresh clean slate where nothing like Punjabi was ever written.

I tried to concentrate on this issue, As I, now, knew where was the bug? So I stopped allowing her long gaps of furloughs with no exposure to Punjabi learning.

In view of this, I started giving her frequent lessons of shorter duration of one to two minutes every now and then several times in a day. I shall take out my iPhone and pull out the Punjabi letter screen and ask her to read out one or two times. I also followed by random checking of letters. this gave her lot of confidence in storing them in her mind.

I knew she was tired of me as I asked her to do writing exercise on a writing board of our little Geet. Now as a good pupil she started writing on the Board. 


When I checked, I was shocked to see the whole Writing Board was filled up with Only two Letters shown above. And when confronted she relied that she was asked to write ਓ, ਅ and hence I wrote the same ਓ, ਅ, no less no more. This made me laugh whole heartedly instead of getting mad.
It is really strange to note how the kids can maneuver things in their favor. I am still laughing while writing this blog.

But I am glad to inform that Jania is adept in remembering the letters and is on the way to learn full Punjabi course.










No comments: