Monday, January 24, 2022

My thoughts on Sikhism

Due to courtesy WhatsApp my friends have been  sending remarkable videos which I forward the same to my friends who seem to be on the same page as me:



A Facebook friend Dr Jagbir Singh

In a conversation on the above Video with my friend V Ramakrishna. He sent me a question:

V Ramakrishna

 V Ramakrishna sends ma query; “If I recollect, you had told me your father being the eldest in his family had become Sikh. I also remember our Bhallaji's was also baptised Sikh originally”
One of my BIL's friend a sardar told me that earlier many first born among Panjabi family became Sikhs.

I replied: 
You are absolutely right.
My father was named Vasdev and uncle Inderjit. 
They started growing hair as a toddler later and added name Singh.
My grandfather was Sh Bhagwan Das.
My forefathers were Vaisnavs as per historical records published by Punjabi University Patiala.
I am ninth descendent of Bhai Nand Lal Goya (refer thousands of pages on Internet). Even today only three Banis are allowed in Golden temple, ie Guru Granth Sahib, Bhai Gurdas and Bhai Nand Lal.
 During the war in Chamkaur Sahib where 40 Sikhs sacrificed themselves against a million army of Mughals. Aurangzeb still could not catch him refer Zafarnama written by him.
At this time Bhai Nand Lal asked Guru to baptize him as a Sikh. Guru ji said no to continue writing poetry and serve the humanity.
So much history.
It was common in Eastern Punjab(Pak) to convert first son  as Sikh to serve the community.
I also recall your words to all of us ‘ you are the same cut or uncut hair’  where as we felt there as lot of difference and the same has been exploited by politics to gain power and authority.

No comments: