Saturday, January 22, 2022

Bhagwant and Me As Toddlers


This is a photo snapped by uncle Sardar Partap Singh. He came to visit us in our new refugee abode at House number 391, Ward 12, Kalandar Chowk, Panipat Haryana. It was late summer of 1951. He was perhaps traveling to Delhi from Patiala to negotiate a deal to buy a property in Jangpura, Delhi. 

I clearly remember till date as Uncle was excited and bubbly with his usual jokes of jovial nature supported by a brand new Camera fully loaded with a film. This time he was not accompanied by our fav Aunt Inder Kaur.


Sardar Partap Singh Raise-Azam

He did a photo shoot on our family as my Dad being his one of close associates and a true friend. He mailed a few pics after a few months by spending a princely sum through Indian post office - only source available in those days.

I have in possession of a pic of my younger sister Ambu less then a year old and in the lap of our neighbor Shanti. I will post the same as and when I could lay my hands on the same. Here I go LOL, below:


Ambu was ever in lap of Shanti our in-house neighbor

This was also a time when Me and Bhagwant were known as Peetu and Guddi. My mom looks so young at 25 whereas grandma in her middle age looks energetic and in control.

No comments: