Friday, November 4, 2011

My welcome at Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport



To my pleasant surprise. We were all set to be welcomed in a grand Indian way. As usual there were more people to receive than the arriving guests. My dearest and nearest relations Major General Harkirat Singh arranged a VIP welcome. all formalities of immigration and customs clearaces were completed swiftly and out of turn. Harvinder and me really felt elated.

As we were brought to the exit gate through the VIP lounge, our help in the welcome party simply pulled us away from the special gate and directed us to the general exit gate. The reason. The VIP gate had a long line of passengers to be cleared while the general exit was empty. The VIP influence was made redundant.

I felt India is really making progress. This is without any disregards to the right earnest efforts done by my dear relative who in fact had a hearty laugh and was first to point this out to me.


July 2, 2010

© preet mohan singh., all rights reserved.



© preet mohan singh., all rights reserved




No comments: