Monday, May 11, 2015

Bhai Sahib Giani Pinderpal Singh Ji

Selfie in San Jose Gurdwara after his marathan discourse yesterday.

Bhai Sahib Giani Pinderpal Singh is perhaps the most inspirational and motivational Sikh preachers today in the world. He speaks out in line with the principles of Sikh tenets and sends the message of Sri Guru Granth Sahib in very simple tone and language.

 
Bhai Sahib attracts large gatherings all over the world owing to his well researched explanation of Gurbani. 


I met him first when young 30 years old Bhai Sahib was bubbly and inquisitive. 

He had visited Gurdwara San Jose for his Katha. Harvinder's Dad Mohan Narain Singh Kapoor introduced me to him mentioning that here was a preacher who was preaching on the toes of well established Giani Sant Singh Ji Maskeen.


Bhai Sahib was extensively referring to Bhai Sahib Bhai Namd Lal Ji Goya in his discourses. Hence I was introduced as the 8th direct descendent of Bhai Nand Lal Ji. Bhai Sahib got interested in talking to me even though he had spread tens of books on his bed. He used to carry a suitcase full of books on his every trip abroad and was ever involved in their studies.



Bhai Sahib questioned me to know if I possessed some books on great poet Goya. I was more than glad to let him go through books which I loaned him. To my amazing surprise Bhai Pinderpal Singh was equally eager to return the books and sent me personal messages through our friend Jagmohan Singh Sahni. He also doubly checked later from me that I had got the books back.


Having seen a scholarly person like him living in a small shared room in old time Gurdwara, Mohan Narain Singh Kapoor offered him his RV which was made to park in the Gurdwara. He did it a couple of years when he visited San Jose Gurdwara. That was a very small return for huge service Bhai Sahib was doing for the whole humanity including Sikh Panth.


Bhai Sahib Giani Pinderpal Singh, who is a very tall figure now, was able to recognize me quickly even after 18 years when I met him after his discourse in San Jose Gurdwara today. Many onlookers and friends like Narinder Pal Singh Ji were in awe of his sharp memory. 

Bhai Sahib kindly agreed to pose with me for a Selfie.                                                                                                         

No comments: