Monday, May 11, 2015

400th Blog dedicated to My Mom on Mothers Day


Today is a Mother's Day and co incidentally matches with my 400th blog of "My Family And Our Times".

When I started writing my family stories as a matter of documenting my life story, our son Shiv Christened this Title of the blog as it fitted into the essence of what I wanted to actually write about. 

Today I remember how my Mom initiated the art of writing to her kiddos. She would ask my sister Bhagwant 3 to sit on her right hand side and 4 years old me on left hand side in the afternoons. While she would do stitching on her Sewing Machine and simultaneously teach both of us siblings the Alphabets of Hindi language.

I being older would go through the lessons rather quickly. However, the whole wrath will fall on my younger sister who had not yet grown sufficient and would remain struck on a single word. I tease her for the same even today.


At times, she will reward us by narrating the story of a monkey the Judge and two cats printed on the last page of the book. We could only make out the picture of judge monkey in the centre with a hand scale in his one hand and loaf in the other. The two cats were found to be sitting on his either side. Mom would warn us not to fight like cats otherwise Judge monkey will take away all the loaf cats were fighting for. A great moral lesson.

The lessons learnt from my mother continue to resonate in me even today and are etched in the mind firmly making me to remain ever connected to her.

I take it as a proud moment when I write this 400th blog of "My Family And Our Times".  The blogs, with moderate followings, had views by about 82,000 people all over the world in USA, India, UK, Russia, China, Australia, Japan and many other countries. Her blessings continue to pour.

Thanks viewers for your support.

I dedicate this 400th blog to my Mom Savitri Devi (1926-1985)


No comments: