Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Our Agricultural Lands


My visit to Badbar was significant and a landmark in the timeline of my life. This was the first time ever, after the allotment of lands in lieu of  our family lands in Muzaffargarh and Multan now in Pakistan, that we requested the Revenue officers to measure and remark the parcel of land belonging to us. My late father Mr Vasdev Singh handed over the charge of maintaining  this estate to me in 1985, as he had gone too old to stand harsh conditions any more. Till then we had never got this drill of actual measurement done.

Every time when I visit my lands annually, the persons simply tell me that your land has been encroached upon by the neighbors. So I have to be present at the site after the Wheat harvesting when the lands are vacant and remain so for two-three months before the rice crop transplanting begins in the Rainy season. The window between May to July is very hot sultry and above all unbearable particularly when you are visiting from Western countries. With the result, I continued to be short paid.








A satellite view from Google Earth of the parcel of Nehri land adjoins Bhuare village and mostly the boundary with Bawa Mistri of Bhuare.






A Satellite view from Google Earth of the Parcel of Maru land which is adjoined with that of Village of Harigarh who often tills my lands as contractor too. Incidentally both of my parcels are bordering with neighboring villages. My dad told me as his name started with an 'V' alphabet, and hence his turn came in the fag end of allotting the lands.



A scanned copy of Fard of Nehri lands in the name of Harvinder Kaur inherited through my mother Mrs Savitri Devi






A scanned copy of the Fard of Maru Lands in the name of Harvinder Kaur inherited through my mother Mrs Savitri Devi




A scanned copy of the Fard of Nehri lands in the names of Preet Mohan Singh inherited through my Dad Sardar Vasdev Singh and my grand father Mr Bhagwan Dass S/O Mr Mr Bhupat Rai





A scanned copy of the Fard of Maru Lands in the names of Preet Mohan Singh inherited through my Dad Sardar Vasdev Singh and my grand father Mr Bhagwan Dass.



A Scanned copy of a rare Fard in the names of Preet Mohan Singh inherited through my Dad Sardar Vasdev Singh and my grand father Mr Bhagwan Dass S/O Mr Bhupat Rai ( Birth around 1850) is mentioned in 1992-93 Revenue records in hand written Gurmakhi script. The mention of my Great Grand Father.s name Mr Bhupat Rai is significant Government document, showing the linage of my family tree since last 150 years.


It is very interesting to note that the Revenue records are almost available for 150 years.

No comments: