Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Gobind Messy School Bag with A Pleasant Surprise


Everyday I see Gobind carrying a very heavy bag to his school. When questioned, he will always say that he is carrying note books and curriculum books of his Seventh grade all the time. He emphasizes, Who knows when he may need his books. This way he puts me off again and again. But I continue to suffer by seeing him carrying such a heavy bag day in and day out which may effect his usual straight gate. I fear this may tilt his spinal card for good as he has been walking to the School with this heavy 20 pounder on his back since start of 6th grade in the Windemere Ranch Middle School a good distance of hilly terrain of over one mile each way.

I was furious again today and asked him to open up the bag in my presence. He was very reluctant but I was no way to listen to him today. So Gobind had to abonden his laptop and come to open his bag for inspection of its contents in my presence. Firstly I weighed the same on our weighing machine and to my expectations, the bag was clearly 20 lbs heavy.



As I unzipped the bag and began to open the Pandora box. As expected, every thing in the bag was was extremely disorganized and messy. Tons of loose papers were loosely tucked into note books, while the books and note books were sitting with each other in a very haphazard way. It was simply a fish market.


I took each and everything paper and book out of the bag. Besides his curriculum books and entire full year's homework, he had also stuffed in 2-3 Liabrary books. I was unhappy to see all this, and wanted to know why he was unnecessarily holding on to this heavy stuff.

During this inspection, I also came across  another red boxed book and asked him why he was carrying this book in to the bag. To which he replied that sometimes I go to School Liabrary and like to read this book. This made me really speechless. The name of this book being 'Sacred Nitnem'.  Nitnem means recitation of certain Hymns everyday without fail by the Sikhs and even by non-Sikhs as ordained by Gurus. This book contains the Divine Hymns of the Daily Prayers by the Sikhs in Gurmakhi and Roman Scripts with their English Translation and summaries of the Teachings and some fundamentals of the Sikh Religion based thereon. This book is written by Harbans Sigh Doabia Ex-Additional General, Punjab, Chandigarh and published by Singh brothers, Amritsar.



This made me feel so small.

No comments: