Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Washing Under-Garments


This is my total washing load of the past week. I may use a tidy shirt and pant already used earlier but I hate absolutely the re-use of under garments. They have to be washed preferably with fragranced detergent and a softener.  

I take proud in hampering the used clothes meticulously and take them to Washer/Drier for processing the washing load every week so that the fresh garments are available to me for future use promptly. Non availability of undergarments makes me tense.

On my travels, I wash my garments with every shower, the habit I learnt from my Dad who used to wash his garments every day. However my Mom, about 50 years back, will supplement the washing every now and then by pouring them into boiling water with Caustic Soda (Sodium Hydroxide) and raw washing soap to make them glitter but of course with no fragrance. The clothes will be sun dried and folded.

Hopefully I wish to continue these chores and a few other chores on my own till proceeding to heavenly abode. 

No comments: