Sunday, October 22, 2017

Ram Lila at Windermere Ranch School By Windermere Neighborhood.

Students with the help of their parents worked hard for more than two months to practice Ram Lila. It reminded me the biggest form of entertainment for most of our families in 1960s and 1970s as poor people could not afford to go to Movie theaters and watch movies.

I as a kid would wait for whole year before Dussehra days to see Ram Lilas in various corners of the city. I used to hate to go to school after staying late for Lila. It was all fun eating and gossiping with mutual friends. Our favorite Ram Lila was conducted by Haffizabadi Club in Veer Bhawan outside Kalander Chowk in Panipat. There was no suspense in the story, still maddening crowds attended Ram Lila every night.

Similarly the anchor also made a glaring mistake here as he killed Rama instead of Ravana which made me laugh thoundersly reminding me our old times.


No comments: