Tuesday, September 13, 2016

My Favorite Uncle Sardar Bakhshish Singh - A man known for Reconciliation

 




This is perhaps one of the last photos captured when I met him in the nursing home. 


I had a great desire to meet him in person. I told Harvinder to make a special trip to Canada to do so. The glow in his face also proves how happy he was to meet me. I had a great bonding with him through out the time I came into my worldly senses. 

He had the greatest sense of reconciliation which he was able to maintain through out. How he transformed his relations with his cousins is a case to study for the new generations. 

His Dad and ours being cousins fought vigorously and went even up to High Court over family estate for good over two decades. The partition happened and old were gone. But now a fatherless young lad took courage in his hands to emerge a strong character. On his pre-wedding ceremonies, he took the initiative to send the first invite to my Dad requesting him to join & head the wedding party on his side thus burying the hatch for good.

On his request my Dad took permission from Bai Ji ( My Dad's sister-in-law whose daughter he married) convincing her in the process that he might be a good arbitrator between the two families in case the need so arises.

On wedding day, my Dad was seen walking with the Boy's (S Bakhshish Singh) side wedding procession to surprise one and all. 

Both the families lived together happily thereafter like as United as they were two generations back

I just happened to dig out this pic and am glad to share on my blog.











































































No comments: