Thursday, August 31, 2017

Scared of Call from Pakistan

How simple and funny at the same time are the people of villages and small towns even in this era? I often call my people in village off and on just to keep in touch with the state of affairs. Yesterday when I tried to get in touch with my contact in Sangrur. He will not pick the phone. I thought may be there is as usual bad connection problems owing to rainy season.

Finally I decided to give him a call from my land line which is supposed to be more secure in signal. To my shear luck, Pawan would not pick up again. But after my couple of attempts, he picked up and wished me a greetings. And when asked why he was. It picking my phone, he abruptly replies that this was a very long figured number and he was scared to pick up as the same could be from Pakistan. I burst into laughter reacting as if it was a rocket from enemy country. 

This is the way to mix joke with scare

No comments: