Wednesday, December 20, 2017

My Grandma’s Influence Over My Grandpa

Today Shiv has published a new Single ’Guru Gobind Singh’ rendering the lines of ‘Nasaro Mansoor Guru Gobind Singh’  as written by Bhai NAND Lal Ji Goya - our Baba Ji

Enjoy:

https://youtu.be/IOhRDYNBdHA


The Video has irrupted with immense positive response and become viral. One of the many fans Vasudev Sukhani impressed by his singing requests Shiv if he was ever to visit  Chicago any time in near future, he would love to listen to him live. That’s s a great honor.


Grand Father Sh Bhagwan Das

His name is Vasudev and a Sindhi. My Dad was also named Vasdev Singh. I have also observed that many Sindhis have a popular common name in ‘Vasudev’.


A rare pic in 1976 from Left; My Dad S Vasdev Singh, Grandma Smt Karam Devi (Bhabhi ji), Harvinder carrying a year old Shiv, Smt Nanaki Bai (Bhua Ji) and S Partap Singh 





Now I understand that my grandmother Karam Devi was just 19 at the time of birth of my Dad. Sadori Bai was her Sindhi parental name. She must  have a great influence on my 44 yrs old Grand Dad, who had married second time in quest for a male child as per prevalent norms. My Grand Dad Mr Bhagwan Dass must have consented  to name the precious child as Vasdev Singh on other community popular name.  

No comments: