Monday, March 21, 2022

S Partap Singh Jangpura house


Like uncle S Partap Singh, I am passionate about house construction. My Dad told me Chacha ji constructed most beautiful house in Aghapura and the Partition happened. He maintained Badbar Haveli very well. That’s why I was inspired. 





He also trusted in me young Preet Mohan, and fully authorized me to get involved in negotiations for getting his long time tenant evicted. I was an important member of Jangpura Extension Welfare Association and knew the President Mr Sachdeva well. I requested President Mr Sachdeva to talk to the tenant whom he also knew him well as he also happened to be living in the same street.

Mr Sachdeva had discussions with Tenant who was made to convince for handover of the key back to the landlord. Chacha ji reluctantly gave me the key of small store for keeping left over goods of the tenant. Finally all was settled and we three Anandbir, me and Chacha ji, went to Mr Sachdeva house and collected the key as promised. 

Chacha ji was thrilled and got a box of sweets and some quality rice as a gratitude and presented to Mr Sachdeva. Such were the old times when mediations were very effective and people approached the Courts only for dire conditions.

Chach ji had also brought two broad shouldered village man to remain as standby ruffians if something untoward happened. 

Waheguru was on my side and the job accomplished.  Anand Bir also accompanied him on that trip to Delhi.
He had more influential and experienced relatives but preferred to choose me for this job. 

Charcha ji then gave that small store to a Chowkidar,  recommended by aunt Nihal Kaur living next door, to take care of the property.

The house was sold for Rs 17 lacs in 1967/68, but the chowkidar had to be paid some handsome ‘Bakhshish’

No comments: