Sunday, July 28, 2024

My Journey of Struggle to Creativity -Stire



On travels to Solvang on my 80th Birthday

When I first migrated to the USA on 1991, I applied for jobs at hundreds of places in any field imaginable. It was during a terrible recession, and despite my relentless efforts, I couldn't secure any employment. Undeterred by the challenges, I decided to take matters into my own hands and started my own business.

Today, after all these years, something remarkable happened. I finally got a job! But there's a twist: it was a unique experience involving a bit of creativity. I was filling in my face on a dummy watchman's face at the entrance of a store. This imaginative act, while initially just a playful endeavor, symbolized my journey and determination.

Reflecting on this journey, it feels surreal. From the early days of struggling to find work during a recession to starting my own business and now, engaging in this unexpected and creative activity, life has truly come full circle. 
-

No comments: