Thursday, May 4, 2017

My Funny Teeth

I inherited teeth from my Mom. She had problems with her teeth right from young age. I comparatively felt the problems in late forties - with my wisdom teeth. An Afghanistani doctor and assistant to Dr Sethi told me straight way, 'it will give you a lot of trouble'. It must be extracted.



Ultimately when I visited USA on a visitors visa, I was told that here they removed the wisdom teeth in the adulthood itself, as the same was extra and would not be useful even as a stepney in the car. It sits in the farthest end and further narrows down the space for easy movement of the food. The food ultimately gets struck in caves to give way for bacteria breeding and hence problems.
After reaching back in India I initiated the process to get them extracted one by one. Now I am left with no wisdom.

I was having dinner with our friends the other day, as  I started chewing 'Biryani', I found some sort of stone in otherwise delicious looking food. I was chewing a stone in my mouth. Before I could announce the presence of foreign item in the food, I tried to investigate what the hell it was. To my utter surprise, I found the crown of my molar tooth #20 in my hands. I stealthily took out the napkin and placed the same on it gently and wrapped it comfortably and placed it securely in my safe pocket.

On reaching home, I brushed the same and placed it on its slotted spot. I also washed my mouth with Listerine and went to bed.

Next day on my scheduled appointment with my dentist, I explained my situation and requested her to glue the same tightly so that it does not come out again while I eat. First the nurse and then the doctor tried their best to pull it out after usual X-rays. But the crown on the tooth refused to come out.

I came back with the idea that the Endodontist should be able to take out the same. As in the Morning I went for my fav banana. With my second bite, the crown of # 20 came out and got stuck in the pulp. I again cleaned it and placed it back securely. Now all the time I was careful that the accident does not take place again.

The Dentist had referred me to an Endodontist who further examined through special X-rays and was of the opinion to redo the root canal of # 20 and initiate the root canal of #21. He tried to take out the crown of # 20 casually but could not.

On the appointed date of my duel root canal surgery,  the Endodontist attempted first to take out the crown but this time too the crown was adamant not to come out. The Doctor declared that the crown has to be broken to take out, which he finally did.

The pulp of the Bannana was stronger than the powered tools of a Endodontist.


Swollen left side after duel Root-Canal surgery

Finally my funny tooth crown influenced by freedom environment had no answer to superior army loaded with perfect ammunition. While It could easily mingle with 'Biryani' and the pulp of a Banana but would refuse to come out easily even from hard efforts of a Dentist and a Endodontist.


No comments: