Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Geet’s reaction to Award


The damaged corner was always an eye-sore

Geet, my granddaughter, always extends her helping hand whenever needed. Recently, a corner in our family room had suffered some significant damage. Determined to fix it, I brought materials to create a plastic base for the repair. To ensure a seamless finish, I took a chip, with the help of Shilpy from the original wall, to Sherwin-Williams paint shop for a computerized matching of the paint color.


Nicely patched up corner now.

After allowing the patch to dry for half an hour, I encouraged Geet to pick up a tiny brush and take on the task of painting the damaged area. Her dedication and attention to detail were remarkable. When the job was complete, the result was truly astonishing and almost unbelievable. Impressed by her skills, I, as her grandmother, offered to present Geet with an award as a token of appreciation.

Her response was quick and heartwarming: "If you're happy with the outcome, then my true award is knowing I've made you happy!"

This incident beautifully showcased Geet's willingness to help and her knack for craftsmanship. The intergenerational exchange of love and gratitude made this repair project a memorable and cherished experience.

No comments: