When today Nindi (Narinder) my first cousin and my fondest cousin, informed me of our age differences, I smiled because I have known this all along.
Nindi and Me at Neha’s wedding on May 25, 1996 when we met after 36 years in Washington DC.
Nindi, you are two years older than me; your brother Sindi (Surinder) is three years older, and Didi Pushpa is four years older.
Masi Lachmi always used to say that because we were the closest in age, we should remain friends. And indeed, even now, in our eighties, we continue to be good friends, exchanging our thoughts and views, even when they differ, despite living in distant corners of the world. Our chat exchanges are unprompted even today.
Nindi has always been the School topper, scholarly and brilliant one, while I have remained an average street walker, learning life’s lessons from experience rather than books. Yet our friendship has stood the test of time, and I truly cherish it.
No comments:
Post a Comment