Monday, February 21, 2022

When we prayed for Bobi and Gagan was blessed

On his many postings, finally Dr Didar Singh Chaudhry was posted around Badbar. So Didar and Bobi rented and shared a house in Barnala with a nice business family who owned that accommodation. They had a separate two room set with a small temp kitchenette. 


Bobi and Didar as newly weds. Mickey seen in the background of pic is the cartoon character on whose name Gagan was given a pet name. He is still known as Mickey in the family.

It was good for Bobi to meet Papa Ji/ Bhabhi Ji quiet often including cousins. It was barely 10 miles from Badbar. Frequenting Delhi home town was difficult and costly. This option to be near to our farms land was a welcome event. So when ever I reached Badbar, it was a privilege to accept a warm hospitality from Bobi and Didar Ji.
One fine day I got frustrated with my day to day Governmental job and wanted to do some business and be a master of my own. My agricultural land was a big source of investment for such a venture. During my such visits to Barnala, Didar ji suggested many Agrobased businesses including Poultry farms. The department of poultry farm and fishery fell under his jurisdiction of Animal husbandry. He took me to many owners of Poultry farms in the area and did some intensive reco including due & diligence of such a business. Dr Didar was influential and we were able to extract right type of information for me to take decision. During my stay for 4-5 days I was entertained really well.
Whenever I went to Badbar to see Papa Ji, now I also visited Barnala. As I usually knocked at her door, Bobi came laughing & smiling to open the door for me and Papa Ji. 
One day as we reached Bobi house, suddenly I felt aghast pondering in my mind that even after 7-8 years of marriage of Bobi and Didar Ji, there was no issue. It really shook me off that day. I started praying daily Ardaas to Waheguru ji to bless my sibling with an offshoot who will be part of support system culturally designed by our society. I prayed for the day when she, opens the door on my knock, carrying a toddler in her lap. 

Didar ji was usually away to his work in near by villages while she was all alone and remained locked in her two room flat. Baba ji was too kind to bestow his blessings on us.

Waheguru Ji was kind enough to listen to our prayers and we had a heartiest news one good day that Bobi was on her family way. Since it was to be a rare and precious delivery, no body in the family would take a chance of any sort. In view of this we decided to execute the delivery in  Delhi, besides the medical facilities, in Barnala being a small town, were scarce and minimal.


Bobi carrying  ‘Rodda’ Gagan in her lap. My dream had come true.


I had a known accomplice Dr Sahunja a renowned urologist himself in the Greater Kailash, whose wife was an expert and Switzerland experienced gynecologist and had helped Tipi for successful delivery of Harry a few months back. Being tested and trusted but a costly private affair, it was finalized to refer to Dr Mrs Sahunja for Bobi too.

So a very butter-like-white and beautiful son was blessed by Almighty on April 5, 1986 to Bobi and Dr Didar. He was too white and was instantly called ‘Makhan’.  His name Makhan name is very popular among his engineering class mates. He was absolutely bald and remained so for many months and Barnala people started calling him ‘Rodda’. All the kids of the neighborhood were playing and carrying him and calling him ‘Rodda’. Initially I laughed at the name but suggested Bobi not to encourage this name. Of course Dr Didar will never accept it.


Gagan and Akanksha- newly weds

Makhan has grown up a handsome gentleman called Gagan who is married to his sweet-heart Akanksha. He is a brave man to have struck to his ground and decided to get married to out of caste sweet girl from a Garhwal family. In my view Akanksha is proving to be one of the best daughters-in-law in the family. She has melted into a pot of a different religion meticulously by supporting long hair like a typical Sikh girl and walking on the footsteps of Chaudhry family.




On  a visit to Sherwood, San Ramon, Ca


Family visits Harimandir Sahib for thanking Almighty for His innumerable blessings before making a Public announcement of a new member.


Bobi and Dr Didar Chaudhry growing gracefully

As I write this note I have an out of this world news to break. Akanksha and Gagan are going to be proud parents soon. Waheguru Ji has once again listened to the prayers of all in the family and has blessed this fantastic news.

Note of caution for Akanksha, to-be-born Baby could be another ’Rodda’ and you will have to have patience and bear with it for a few months before the toddler grows hair on top.


The story will be incomplete until I add the following contribution of family members.

Making of a Mickey:

Instead of inserting in the comments section, I am reproducing in the body of the blog below:

Bobi:-

Thanks Kakaji for this blog and 
Blessings. All my family members including in laws helped and sacrificed for our happy life. Sarup bhenji Didi Ambu Jeeti all being very busy in families and jobs came to help us. Travelling from Gurgaon was very difficult and hectic even then Didi alone reached Barnala at night that was very scary in those days. How she returned with lost bag in Gurugram she knows the story.

I again thanks all of you for your efforts to feel us happy. Kakaji used to bring Rose flower for Mickey mouse daily before going to Office.

Jasleen Dhir:-

Haha lovely stories and memories. 
Bobi masi, you missed me 😂I came with mom during my summer break for almost a month and remember getting so bored. There was nothing to do all day except play with landlords kids sometimes and in evenings go behind Didar uncles scooter to ride to the market for fresh eggs and popcorn.

Bobi:-

Sorry forgot to write otherwise I remember nothing was there to eat for you. Your mom used to go by riksha to fetch something for you and bring juice for me in polithine. All family pm was suffering for our pleasure. Raju Sunny were studying Didi left them alone with jijaji while Sunny was preparing for his medical entrance exams. Jijaji Your papa also sacrificed for our pleasure. Tipi tejpal were very happy and did all baby Micks new born shopping. Any way too much to write all will be bored. Bye!


No comments: